All questions are compulsory.
1. Write a brief note on Blending.
2. What are the major themes explained by Andrew Marvel in ‘To His Coy Mistress’?
3. What are Nasals?
4. How does S.T. Coleridge differentiate between fancy and imagination?
5. Explain briefly Laura Mulvey’s concept of the woman as image and man as bearer of the look
6. Why does the speaker in Maya Angelou’s poem call herself a ‘Phenomenal Woman’? (3×6=18)
7. Comment on the significance of the title ‘The Bluest Eye’
8. Explain the theory of Rasa
9. Explain ‘Waiting for Godot’ as a representative play of Literature of Absurd.
10. Archetypal criticism
11. Theme of identity in Nissim Ezekiel’s poem ‘Background, Casually’
12. Form Class and Function Class Words
14. ‘Nineteen-Eighty Four’ as a Dystopian novel
15. ‘Ivanhoe’ as a Historical novel
16 Transcribe and mark the primary and secondary stress
17. Feminist themes in Anita Desai’s Clear Light of the Day
18. Explain Mac Flecknoe as a Mock Epic
19. Explain T.S Eliot’s concept of Tradition and Individual Talent
20. Treatment of Nature in Ode to a Nightingale and Ode to the West Wind (8×4=32)
Categories: Literary Theory